This refresher is suitable for individuals who have already taken a Data Protection Awareness course, or those who already have an understanding who wish to refresh their memory.
Midshore have developed an awareness training solution suitable for all members of staff of any ability, the aim of the training is to give you a basic understanding of data protection laws in Guernsey and the upcoming changes.
Whilst the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) has been pending its implementation date (May 25th 2018) since April 2016, awareness has struggled to spread throughout most industries within the island of its own law the General Data Protection (Bailiwick of Guernsey) Law, 2017.
Our training aims to help bridge that gap and give you the basic understanding required.
- The first and only of its kind (to cover the Guernsey implementation)
- Suitable for all levels (data protection novice to expert)
- Can be taken live or online
- Provides a certificate in data protection awareness and 1 hour CPD
- Is the most cost effective solution for structured learning about data protection
- Demo of the platform for corporate organisations
- Can be included in your own “Branded” corporate university using the Midshore Online Training platform
- The training has been put together by industry experts from both Finance & Non-Finance background
- Introduction to the course
- Section 1 - The Data Protection Environment
- Section 2 - Definitions, Principles & Rights
- Section 3 - Data Protection Practice
- Revision Materials
- Section 4 - Post Transitional Period
- Examination for Section 4
- Certificate of Completion
Our Data Protection Awareness training covers:
- What is Data Protection?
- Key changes to data protection law
- Impact on the UK
- Data protection definitions
- Data protection principles
- Individuals rights
- Responsibility for Data Protection
- Subject Access Requests
- Data Breaches
(70% pass mark required)